Wednesday, April 30, 2008
In addition to being tired, I was reminded that yogurt does not mix with my stomach in the morning. So I'm just feeling pretty crappy all together.
But Dustin has Thursday and Friday off so I'll get to spend the next two days with him, so that's good. With him working a 55 hour work week, I don't get to see much of him these days and it's making me depressed. I don't have any other friends or family here, so without him, I'm extremely lonely.
Another upside is that I should be able to get my pictures printed in a few days so I'll have something to scrap. :)
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Friday, April 25, 2008
I was watching the movie Reservation Road earlier since our Direct TV went out. I realized very quickly that it was going to be a sad movie. One line that really got me was after the little boy had died, his sister was asked to play the piano in a recital and she looked up at her mom and asked, "Can you hear music in Heaven?" I was just like AWW and the tears started coming. I'm such a sap for sad movies.
I don't know if I mentioned this or not, but my boyfriend and I are living with his parents and his 15 year old sister right now until we can save up some money to get our own place...didn't realize how hard that was going to be. But anyway, I'm the only one without a job now, except for his sister, so I decided to clean the house yesterday. It wasn't very dirty except for the bathroom, but it looked really good once I was done. Today, it doesn't look like I even did anything. I'm not cleaning again today. I'm relaxing and waiting for Dustin to get home from work.
Monday, April 21, 2008
It sucks that Dustin started working and I haven't. He's taking his security class right now and I'm stuck at home with nothing to do. I don't have my license and he has the car anyway, so it's not like I can go anywhere. I can vaccuum...I guess I'll do that when I get offline. I just wish that the economy wasn't so crappy right now so someone would hire me! I'm a very good worker with a college degree...I deserve a job. Most of the jobs are in Nashville though and with the gas prices the way they are, I can't afford to have a job over 30 minutes away.
Oh well. At least we can start eating something other than ramen noodles now that Dustin has a job. lol.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
This layout is for a Scrapcation challenge. The challenge was to use monochromatic colors that reflected the mood of the photos. I picked yellow because my nieces and nephews were having a really fun time.
And lastly, I wanted to show you what I walked in on yesterday.
This is Fozzie, one of my poison dart frogs. We also have two blue and one green, and the two blue ones have been climbing all the way up the glass and trying to get out of the tank. Well I guess Fozzie decided to try it too because he on his tippy toes on this leaf trying to reach the top before I took the picture. They're so much fun to watch.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
I also can't afford to buy any new supplies, so the only paper I have is plain cardstock and a couple of old pieces of patterned paper. I'm out of glue, too. lol. I used my mother-in-law's glue last time I scrapped and I don't like her glue. I use an elmers glue stick because if I mess up, I want to be able to pick up the picture or embellishment and move it without seeing the spot where I glued it. On the Best Friends layout I did, I thought the pictures were up to high and they wouldn't move when I tried to move them because of her glue. Whoops.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
My niece Brianna.
I took this picture of my niece, Christa. Unfortunately, she wasn't very happy at the time so the pic could be a lot better. The photo lifts up and has journalling underneath.
I think this was my favorite page in my baby book (I made my own since I never had one). I just like the antique-y look.
I don't like to leave a lot of empty space, so it was pretty hard trying to come up with ideas for these tiny photos I had.
As you can tell, my scrapbook style is very simple. If I use patterned paper, it's usually polka dotted (obviously), but not always. I'm trying to break away from being so simple and boring, but scrapbooking materials aren't really in my budget right now, so I'm trying to use what I have at home. I've been browsing blogs online and trying scrapbook challenges and I hope to one day be as good as some of the other scrapbookers out there. I'm also trying to improve my photography skills so maybe one day I can take photos that are as amazing as Tara Whitney's or Maggie Holmes' (I LOVE their photos!).
Saturday, April 12, 2008
I think I did use the flash for this one but she just looked so cute.
I like this one a lot.
I might try to brighten this one but he's so dang white that it'll probably look bad.
This is a low flash, which I think came out good.
Friday, April 11, 2008
1. It's hard for me to sleep when it's a full moon, or even close to one.
2. I can pick up things with my toes.
3. Right now, our pets include two bearded dragons, a savannah monitor, a nile monitor, a leopard gecko, and four poison dart frogs. His parents, who we are living with, also have two dogs, and I have two dogs and two cats with my parents in FL that I miss terribly.
4. My favorite band is Yellowcard and it has been since high school.
5. I could probably eat sunflower seeds every day for the rest of my life.
6. I want two kids, a boy and a girl, probably in that order.
7. My doctor told me about 2 years ago that I have a connective tissue disease called Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (he said it was hard to test for it)
8. I've been with my boyfriend, Dustin, for 2 years in May and it feels like we are already married (in a good way).
9. I used a tanning bed for the first time in my life last month.
10. I get mad when I don't win at games.
11. If I drink enough alcohol to get me buzzed, I get sick to my stomach.
12. My favorite TV shows are: Scrubs, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, One Tree Hill, America's Next Top Model, Paradise Hotel 2, House, and CSI. (Yes, I watch a lot of TV)
13. I don't like my body, but I'm pretty lazy when it comes to exercising.
14. I love pepsi, but I'm trying to stop drinking it.
15. I hate to spend money.
16. I wish I could get a magazine in the mail everyday.
17. My favorite food is chicken fingers but I HATE chicken on a bone.
18. I've never tried sushi and I don't think I ever will.
19. I hate the phone unless I'm talking to Dustin or my mom.
20. Currently, I have 4 nieces and 2 nephews and there will probably be more in the future.
So, now I get to decide if I should try and sleep or surf the internet....hmm..
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
The journalling reads: "Even though Dustin and I are pretty much complete opposites, I think we make a great couple. He's my best friend and I could not ask for a better person to spend the rest of my life with."
Usually my pages are simple and linear, so I was trying to do something different, but it still turned out pretty simple. Oh well though, because I like it.